Fourth part of the Mass Effect role-playing action series
Mass Effect is definitely one of the most important action video games for Windows PC of the last few years. Its first version was launched back in 2007, receiving excellent ratings and was succeeded by two sequels: Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.
And remembering what the story was all about, the first part took us back to the Earth in 2183 with a shipment of recently discovered extraterrestrial technology that has allowed mankind to leave the Solar System and establish colonies around the entire galaxy meeting other alien civilizations.
Visit and conquer the Andromeda galaxy
The game is a combination of role-playing and third-person action, that now brings us a fourth installment, Mass Effect: Andromeda. In this version, we'll travel to the Andromeda galaxy where we won't handle Shephard, the classic main character, or any of his teammates, offering us a plot that's totally different to the original story.
Instead, we'll take on the role of Ryder, and our goal will be to discover a new home for mankind, establishing colonies and guaranteeing its survival. But unlike other science fiction games in which we fight against aliens, here we're the invaders, and therefore the rest of extraterrestrial races aren't going to make things easy for us, having to fight them or earn their trust.
It's meant to be one of the best action games of the year. Millions of gamers have eagarly awaited its release date.
The game takes place in parallel to the original trilogy, being a great way to get to know this saga if we've never played it before. In turn, we'll discover that we have to pay attention to other factors apart from pulling the trigger. It comes along with an advanced dialog system in which we'll have to take into account moral and ethical aspects when it comes to interacting with other characters.
With regard to the game mode, it offers us certain changes regarding previous versions:
- Return to the game's universe as the leader of the first humans to travel to Andromeda.
- Fight for your survival battling it out against enemies and all sorts of creatures together with your pioneering team. There are updates regarding previous installments such as destroyable environments, new weapons or biotics for more intense fights.
- Customize your hero with more weapons, power-ups and technological devices.
- Decide what and when to explore the galaxy. Choose the course of your conquest.
Minimum requirements for this Mass Effect 4
It's a game that offers us impressive graphics and sequences, and high-quality movie animations, as well as frenetic action scenes. If you've already seen its gameplay or any official trailer, you know what we're talking about. Therefore, the following requirements are needed to get it running on your PC:
- Operating system: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 16 GB of RAM
- Graphics card: 3 GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 or 4 GB AMD RX 480
- Hard drive: at least 55 GB of free space
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- This is a pay-to-play game downloadable from Origin.